- In trying to teach her to respond correctly when asked "What's your name?", she's gone from no response to saying "molasses". (She's not imitating what I say because when I ask her "What's mommy's name?" she replies "Meh-issa".)
- She likes to name things she sees in the fridge when someone has it open. The other day she spontaneously said "sticky pickles!" to describe the relish. I don't ever remember explaining that relish is made from pickles, although I'm sure we've discussed it since we talked about how mustard is made.
- When Himself took her along to pick up some stuff we're temporarily storing for Jake, she sang "J-J-J-Jake!" when he pulled into the parking lot then repeated "Hey-yo, Jake!" all the way to his room.
- I've been sleeping a lot during this hormonal misery and she "checks" on me when Himself isn't looking. She tiptoes into the bedroom, pokes the bedding away from my head, and whispers, "Hey-yo Mommy Monster!" (When we talk in silly voices, we do a "monster" voice.)
- She recently stopped avoiding the water spray when we take a shower and when I asked her to stop putting the rubber ducks under my feet while I was washing her hair, she replied "ducks NEED rain!". She's memorized all of the ducklings' names in Make Way for Ducklings.
Always reach for the sky, baby girl.