And my first set of answers, from my sekrit wife cathouse_blues:
1. Would you give up your child if you knew that you and all of your future children would never have to know want of any kind? No. I believe in character-building experiences and want is one of them. I would probably donate her to a petting zoo if I could see her on a regular basis but not have to spend every waking minute with her, though.
2. You've been invited to a lunch honoring the base commander's wife. Would you go? If I could find a babysitter, sure! I have no idea what I'd wear, but that's why I have a copy of Service Etiquette floating around.
3. Your baby's six now and happily settled in school. So what do you want to do now? Why? After catching up on sleep? I'd like to find a program where I can apprentice or study mural-painting. I know I'm okay painting on a small scale, but painting murals has been something I've been fascinated by ever since I was a little burrito. Also, I like the smell of paint. (:
4. Whose autograph would you most like to have (with the implication being that you get to meet them to get the signature)? Why? Hunter S. Thompson. I am at a loss to explain why though, so I'll have to get back to you on that.
5. Where do you ultimately want to live? Why? Colorado, preferably a reasonable distance from Denver but still close enough to visit regularly. I want to live in Colorado for a slew of reasons: the smoke-free restaurants and stores make my sinuses happy, I like the low humidity and 300+ days of sunshine yearly, the climbing is great, we like their gun and fireworks laws, the Denver-Boulder area has excellent gifted programs and schools, our immediate families live there, we both love the mountains... and the sky there gets so blue it's purple. Also, if I really do build an Earthship someday, land on the Western Slope is still semi-affordable and there's already a number of Earthships out there so we'll be in good company.