1. What is your favorite restaurant and why? If this means one I've actually been to since Laurel arrived, well, that narrows it down amazingly. The Phoenix in Evergreen, CO, because it's pretty much the only place I've been since she was born that wasn't fast food, pizza or Waffle House.
2. What fast food restaurant are you partial to? Nick N' Willy's World Famous Take-N-Bake Pizza. They understand that real pizza doesn't have feckin' tomato sauce on it. No matter what you hear about the way the Gorgonzola cheese on the quattro fromaggio smells, I can hardly smell and I love cheese so it's the closest I'll ever get to heaven in this life. If I had found this stuff before getting involved with Robert, my life would be eons better because I wouldn't be a single parent and it would be a food group. *sighs wistfully* If they delivered I would waste my scant disposable income on it.
3. What are your standards and rules for tipping? 20% of the bill as a general habit, 15% if the service wasn't that great. I have sympathy for food servers and figure it can't hurt to be nice, especially when me eating out is a rare occurrence.
4. Do you usually order an appetizer and/or dessert? At the Phoenix I always order skewered beef and crab wontons for an appetizer and take most of it home with me. Other places, I'd have to go sometime and tell you since I can't remember. Last time I had dessert out was, um... fall 1999, when I split a dessert with Lurch when we had dinner at the Outback Steakhouse near Park Meadows.
5. What do you usually order to drink at a restaurant? Whatever sounds the least likely to make my teeth hurt. At the Phoenix I always have Dr Pepper and barely get halfway through it.