1. What's your favorite vacation spot? Right now? Someplace where it won't be dumping a foot of snow on my house overnight... I get tired of snow season around March. Anytime other than late snow season, I'd say New England. I think that difficult rocky soil gets in your blood.
2. Where do you consider to be the biggest hell-hole on earth? Can't really think of any single place offhand... for me it's more a matter of situation than location. I'd happily live in a cardboard box as long as I felt emotionally satisfied and had an Internet connection, but I've turned down a few financially comfortable situations because I wouldn't be true to myself if I took them up.
3. What would be your dream vacation? Not spending the entire time with Laurel, since I've come to relish the moments I have to myself. I'd love to take her to Massachusetts before my grandfather passes on so she can meet him and the rest of my extended family there, take her blueberry-picking on Mount Wachusett, haul her down east to see the Arcadia National Park and where Mimi was born (Bowdoinham, Maine) and all the Really Important Things I want her to have the chance to see and taste and hug and appreciate.
4. If you could go on a road-trip with anyone, who would it be and why? Chuck. He's not only one of the few people I can spend a long amount of time comfortably silent with but someone I'd enjoy road-tripping with.
5. What are your plans for this weekend? After digging out of the snow expected to dump on us overnight (6-12", locally heavier east of the Divide so I'm expecting at least 8"), taking stock of our current balloon stash and preparing for an entertainment gig on Saturday night.... mailing picture CDs to a few people and a box of gently worn children's clothes to daemoniacus... and hoping to kick the butt of the crud that's had me congested, coughing and miserable all week.