- Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
- 550 cord, also called parachute cord. Any length over 3 feet (1 meter) will do.
- Clear Contact paper.
- Go to somebody else's list and do something for them.
- Costume jewelry and beads for the kiddo. She's into princesses and jewelry right now.
A copy of The Space Child's Mother Goose.edit 29 Nov: Thank you so much, remve!
- This green dress, size 0 or 2. (Yes, I know it's breathtakingly expensive. At least it's cheaper than the dresser I really wanted earlier this year. And I got over the dresser thing.)
- Fabric remnants for my sewing stash. I'll seriously take any fabric someone doesn't want and I'm always happy to sew things in return. My current hunt is for pretty remnants under a yard and as small as 9x12" for handbags.
- Practical fashion or makeup advice. I already have a list of makeup I want to buy from this virtual makeover, but I have no idea whether I could pick out the right shade of foundation.
- A babysitter for a night or weekend afternoon out with Vogon.
- Good health for all of my friends, especially the folks with chronic illnesses and/or recovering from surgery or serious injuries.
My contact information is always available on my website. The Colorado address on it is my parents' and forwards to my Texas address; e-mail me for my Texas address.
What do you want for the holidays?