Trying to mash most of my long-sleeve shirts into the small suitcase I keep for out-of-season clothing so I could zip it up and put it back in the corner. I'm a little embarrassed by how many shirts I own now; having more clothing than I can fit in one suitcase is daunting.
2. Who are you in love with?
3. What are you thinking about?
Putting Laurel's clean and folded laundry away, decluttering the kitchen, and the beginning of a sinus headache I'm starting to feel.
4. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
Some papers and a cup on the dining table behind me, a couple of art markers in my stackers, a bunch of erasers in my office supply drawer.
5. When is the last time you went to the mall?
*falls off chair laughing* I can count the times I've been in a mall in the past few years on one hand. And the answer is a few days after Christmas 2005, when we were in Colorado and went to see the Narnia exhibit at Cherry Creek Mall.
6. Are you wearing socks right now?
7. Do you have a car worth over $2000?
I don't have a car. The rubber I put to the road is a pair of Teva sandals I bought in 2003.
8. When was the last time you drove out of town?
I don't drive.
9. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
The last movie I saw in the theater was March of the Penguins last summer.
10. Are you popular?
My breasts probably have their own fan club. I don't know for sure, though. They don't say much.
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
12. What are you wearing right now?
A striped t-shirt, jeans, underwear and my MP3 player.
13. Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it?
When Vogon washes his car, he does it by hand.
14. Last food that you ate?
A bowl of honey nut Cheerios with milk.
15. Where were you last week at this time?
16. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
No. I bought Laurel some bows on little French barrettes at the dollar store.
17. When is the last time you ran?
I don't run, it pisses off my knees. (Let's hear it for patellar subluxation! /sarcasm ) The last time I walked was yesterday.
18. What's the last sporting event you watched?
I don't watch sporting events.
19. What is your favorite class?
Recently? Aviation Safety. For the love of little apples, if you're attempting to land at an unlighted strip after dark, keying your mic a few times usually turns the lights on.
20. Your dream vacation?
Anywhere with a roof and utilities, a comfortable bed and nobody else. Maybe some books or my stitching.
21. Last person's house you were in?
The home of a family in the pack I work with for a pack committee meeting.
22. How old are your parents?
Older than me, but if you ask my mom, she's 12 and a half. (That's how old Petunia, her clown character, is.)
23. Are you in love?
24. Do you miss anyone right now?
Yeah, but at least we're on the same continent again.
25. Last play you saw?
The fall 2001 play at Evergreen HS. We loaned them my 1940s Royal typewriter as a prop.
27. What are your plans for tonight?
Staying out of Vogon's way (he's more stressed than usual today), putting away Laurel's clean laundry, maybe running a load of laundry, watching M*A*S*H at 2300 unless a sports game preempts it.
28. Who is the last person you sent a myspace message to?
I don't use MySpace.
29. Next trip you are going to take?
*shrugs* Doesn't really matter. It'll probably be to see family or for a funeral.
30. Ever go to camp?
When I was younger. I'd like to volunteer at Cub Scout day camp this summer, but it's in the early evening (rush hour traffic on the way over) in late June in the next town over so it's probably not going to happen.
31. Were you an honor roll student in school?
Most of the time. I'm more proud of having a National Latin Honor Society seal on my diploma -- I consistently had a grade of 94% or better in Latin when I was at D'Evelyn.
32. What do you want to know about the future?
33. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne?
No. I usually only wear it when I dress up now.
34. Are you hungry?
35. Where is your best friend(s)?
Georgia (for now), Oregon.
36. Who is your best friend?
I've blogged enough about them that it's evident based on their locations.
37. Do you have a tan?
I don't try to tan, no. I have tan lines on my feet from my sandals.
38. How old do you want to be when you have kids?
I'd like to have waited longer before that happened.
39. Do you collect anything?
Not presently, but things I've collected in the past include metal lunch boxes, early Sesame Street ephemera, vintage clothes, superballs... yeah, I'm easily amused.
40. Who is the biggest gossiper you know?
41. Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over?
I haven't been.
42. Have you ever drank your soda from a straw?
At a restaurant or other places where I have ice in my drink. Rarely at home.
43. How do you like your drinks?
Slightly less than room temperature, but not cold. Preferably no ice unless it's really hot wherever I'm drinking.
44. Do you like hot sauce?
Does a bear shit in the woods? I think hot sauces take up at least a full door shelf in our fridge.
45. Last time you took a shower?
Yesterday. Today's will be after she's in bed.
46. Do you need to do laundry?
Did mine yesterday, Laurel's the day before. Don't have enough towels to justify a load yet.
47. What is your heritage?
Mexican-American by way of New England. (Maternal family has deep roots in that rocky soil, paternal family emigrated here from Mexico within the last 50 years. My folks met in the Air Force.)
48. Are you someone's best friend?
I'd like to hope so.
49. Are you rich?
I've got more time to do what I want than most people. Generally much less money, but it's just money. Laurel isn't going to remember what my checking account balance was when she was 5, she's more likely to remember drawing weird things on the patio or being given fresh basil leaves to bruise and taste. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.
50. What do you think of the person who took this survey before you?
He's probably saying "ass mustard" and laughing right now.