1. First grade teacher's name: Oxford Academy (now defunct, was in Northborough, MA at the time) actually placed K/1 students between two teachers, so I was assigned to Mrs. Klocek's class but had some of my classes with Mrs. Forker, who went on maternity leave during spring term and was replaced by a woman that smelled like Denis Leary's index finger.
2. Last word you said: "Me," as in "I've started the video you wanted to watch, holler if you need me!" [to Laurel, who requested Toy story].
3. Last song you sang: the alphabet song.
4. Last person you hugged: Laurel, after she woke up from her nap.
5. Last thing you laughed at: an IM conversation I had with Seg (clearmind)
6. Last time you said 'I love you': earlier this afternoon.
7. Last time you cried: Sunday, after realizing I'd tried every medication in the house and my sinuses stil hurt.
8. What's in your CD player? Whatever Himself left in it. Mickey Hart's Mystery Box, don't know what else.
9. What color socks are you wearing? Socks?
10. What's under your bed? Nothing that I'm aware of... maybe a stray sock.
11. What time did you wake up today? 0700 so Himself could hit the clinic for an immunization, but he wouldn't wake up so I gave up and went back to sleep. He woke up when Laurel did and let me sleep in until 1030.
12. Current taste: cinnamon raisin bagel with butter.
13. Current hair: a few months off until I get sick of shedding and shear it off again.
14. Current clothes: fuchsia sweater with faux-argyle pattern on the front (lilac and grey diamonds, beige stripes), jeans, undergarments.
15. Current annoyance: the sinus pain I've had since Saturday. I am going to the clinic tomorrow and they will do something because they overbooked my appt, didn't call back twice, and I'm almost outta meds.
16. Current longing: sleep without waking up to sinus pain again.
17. Current desktop picture: The brown variation of Seasons from PixelDécor.
18. Current worry: how to fit in cooking and calling family tonight... but I'll do it. I love my family and Laurel loves to talk on the phone to "PopPop! [my father] Mah-gee! [my mother] Amy! King-ee! [Branden, Amy's fiancé] David! Sarah!" and also to "Betty! Deece! [Denice, Himself's sister]".
19. Current hate: Not getting as much done as I want to.
20. Story behind your LJ username: it's from my personal domain name -- oddharmonic.org.
21. Current favorite article of clothing: my wifebeater. It lets me dress as snappily as kenwestervelt only cheaper -- mine was a dollar and change off the kids' clearance rack at Target.
22. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex: Himself. Heh.
23. Last CD that you bought: Hmm... haven't bought any in awhile. I think it was 2 Skinnee J's Supermercado!.
24. Favorite place to be: asleep under my down comforter.
25. Least favorite place: most of this town, for starters...
26. Time you wake up in the morning: anywhere between 0500 and 1000, depending on Himself's hours and when Laurel wakes up.
27. If you could play an instrument, what would it be: beyond what I already do? Harp.
28. Favorite color: yes.
29. Do you believe in an afterlife? Depends on my mood.
30. How tall are you? 62" or 63", haven't checked in awhile.
31. Current favorite word/saying: get on with it!
32. Favorite book: I refuse to pick. Right now I'm reading When the Going Gets Weird, an unauthorized biography of Hunter S. Thompson, and Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There, which I scored on clearance from the mall bookseller for $2. Next up on my reading list is The Culture of Make-Believe, which Himself insists is even more expansive in a similar vein than Trust Us, We're Experts: How Industry Manipulates Science and Gambles With Your Future (scored for $1 at the aforementioned clearance).
33. Favorite season: climbing.
34. One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to: I could list those for awhile.
35. Favorite day: today. It's the only one that exists.
36. Where do you want to go? Sleep. (Can you see the trend?)
37. What is your career going to be like? I'll tell you when I find it.
38. How many kids do you want? One. A few years ago I would have said none, but I have one now and it's going to stay that way.
39. What kind of car will you have? I'd like a Shimano shifter for my bike... but if we're going fantasy, I could detail everything I'd like from the current Performance Bicycle catalog and Pedro's.
40. Type a line you remember from any book: "Look! Two women fucking a polar bear!" (C'mon, you expected that.)
41. A random lyric: Elmo loves his goldfish / his crayon too...
42. Identify some things surrounding your computer: the phone without Caller ID, the bill basket (where bills go pre-filing), miscellaneous gaming-related stuff, a stack of CD-ROMs, a copy of Ghost World.
43. What's up next: Hopping AFK for awhile to cook and later offline to call family.