What would you consider your theme song to be: "Galileo," Indigo Girls.
What's the first CD that you own that pops into your head: "Imago Mundi," The Looters.
And DVD?: The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland. I'm still trying to work a mystery scratch out of it. Grr.
What's sitting on top of your monitor: Nothing. I do have a sticker from unamerican taped above the screen, though -- Survive Somehow. At some point I'll trade it out for Be Not Half-Assed.
What does your bed look like: My bed at my parents is a futon, tubular steel frame, 9" foam mattress. It currently has sage green sheets, a couple assorted blankets and a pinwheel-pattern quilt. The one Himself and I have in NC is a queen-sized boxspring and mattress, no headboard (yet). You'd have to ask him about the bedding on that one.
What's hanging on the walls in your room: Right now, two clip frames of black-and-white stuff (8.5x11" of my name in Hiragana, 11x14" of a caricature of Laurel and I) and a wooden japanned-black collage photo frame (various pictures of Laurel, Himself and I, and friends). I really need to get my Amelie poster and more of my needlework framed.
What's in your CD player right now: Nothing. My stereo's packed again until I have someplace to put it in my room and the CD drive on Lara's not being recognized by Windows (don't ask, it's a long story and I'm too impatient to fix it lately). The last MP3 I listened to was Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.
What's the first website you have bookmarked: Opera sorts them in alphabetical order, so it'd be Amethyst's blog.
What's the first site you go to in the
What's the most expensive thing you've bought recently: I spent most of my Christmas money (just over $100) on a vintage Yves Saint Laurent evening set in January. Other than that, the only other item costing more than $20 I'm going for this year is my Landmark Forum in August.
What are you saving up money for: What money I do have to save is for my Landmark Forum (short-term) and Laurel's college fund (long-term).
What worries you: damn near everything, though I try not to let it get to me.
What 'unexpected' thing has recently occurred in your life: Himself wanting Laurel and I to rejoin him. His resumed regular calling is also pretty remarkable.
What is the first thing you do when you get home: Take off my shoes.
What's under your bed: Nothing, unless Laurel's stuck something underneath it.
What are you looking forward to doing: Sleeping. Don't I always?
5 Things I Must Stop Doing:
1. Not keeping track of my paintbrushes.
2. Telling Dad the truth when he asks me why something is a certain way.
3. Letting Laurel play with the Wilton cake yearbooks.
4. Putting permanent markers in the pen cup instead of in their organizer drawer in the cabinet.
5. Whatever it is that's pissing Hayden off.
5 Things I Must Start Doing:
1. Refinishing the treadles. (Once the second one is repaired and refinished, I may sell it.)
2. Potty-training Laurel.
3. Finish painting Sarah's room.
4. Making nice with my in-laws so they're less shocked in case Himself tells them he wants to spend most of his leave up in the foothills with Laurel and I.
5. Making sure Laurel's and my room is ready for Himself's visit.