01. My name is: Melissa.
02. I may seem: depressed.
03. But I'm really: tired and dreaming of Bawls.
04. People who know me think I'm: complicated.
05. If you knew me you'd probably: ask me to send you some baked love too.
06. Sometimes I feel: not-so-fresh.
07. In the morning I: tell Laurel we're not getting up before 0800 and to go back to lying prone. After that we get up, I change her diaper, turn on kids' PBS and make her some breakfast.
08. I like to sleep: any way that doesn't involve me being pushed off the bed. Preferably not alone, but right now alone is more comfortable than with Laurel since she hogs the bed. (:
09. If I could be doing anything right now I would be: painting.
10. Money is: something I don't make much of and try not to worry about.
11. One thing I wish I had is: furniture.
12. One thing I have that I wish I didn't is: over half a continent between Himself and I.
13. All you need is: love (dum dum da da dum)...
14. All I need is: inspiration.
15. If I had one wish it would be: good food for everyone.
16. Love is: the absence of fear.
17. My body: isn't too bad, could be better.
18. If an angel flew into my window at night I would: ask it to lock the window on its way out.
19. If a demon crashed into my window I would: ask it not to leave a mark since my windows are hard to clean from the outside.
20. If I could see one person right now it would be: Himself.
21. Something I want but I don't really need is: dishes.
22. Something I need but I don't really want is: to apologize more often.
23. I live for: Laurel, Himself, good rock faces and the promise of tomorrow.
24. I dare you all to: be honest when you're tired of someone's behavior.
25. I am afraid of: not trying.
26. It makes me angry when: my little sister tells me I can't reprimand her for established unacceptable behavior, then turns around and tries to discipline my daughter for something that's not even wrong. *sighs* Kids.
27. I dream about: whatever's in my head when I'm dreaming.
28. I daydream about: sleeping.
29. I want to say: "We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise we would not be ourselves." - Neil Gaiman
30. If I had a million dollars: I'd buy you a house.
31. Fad you wish you had never bought into: can't think of any, sorry.
32. City you would next like to live in: Anyplace with distinct seasons, preferably with Himself and Laurel.
33. Food you used to love and now can't stand: pretty much anything sugary. Hurts my teeth.
34. Childhood idol: GI Joe and Douglas Adams. (Explains a lot, no?)
35. Biggest leap of faith: Getting married.
36: Worst job: babysitting kids from church.
37. Least favorite drug: penicillin. Severe allergic reactions suck.
38. Least favorite slang word: spic. I once broke someone's nose for calling me that.
39. Guilty pleasure TV show: Trading Spaces.
40. Favorite song in eighth grade: "So Long Frank Lloyd Wright," Simon and Garfunkel.
41. CD or tape you are most ashamed of: Sesame Street Travel Songs. It was on sale and keeps Laurel happy in the car, but I don't like all but three songs on it.
42. Favorite screen couple: Pepa and her ex-lover Ivan, Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios.
43. Favorite screen villain: Huxley, Elmo in Grouchland.
44. Most hated celebrity: Fran Drescher.
45. First crush: don't remember, but it was probably a geek.
46. Favorite Halloween costume: Marching band.
47. First concert: not counting kids' musicians, Moody Blues at Red Rocks, 1992.
48. Ever seen a ghost? Not that I'm aware of.
49. First friend: before high school, my imaginary ones (Wham-O, Wand, Emily and Bemily). Once I got to high school, Kirk Acklin.
50. Favorite Simpsons character: Comic Book Guy.
51. Recurring dreams: most of them. (:
52. Favorite playground equipment: If I could climb it, it was good.
53. Number of first cousins: two paternal (neither of whom would admit the relation), twelve maternal.
54. Name of freshman year dorm: Spencer Hall. It was beautiful in the fall.
55. Summer camp: Philmont, Tahosa (COPE course), Peaceful Valley, Spanish Peaks. Every Girl Scout camp I've ever been to can kiss my ass if my harness, rack and chalk bag doesn't get in the way.
56. What is the most rebellious thing you've ever wanted to do? Jump off a canyon rim to see if I could fly.
57. What's the biggest surprise you've ever had in bed? Laurel puking.
58. What is the most beautiful sound you've ever heard? Meteor shower.
59. In which year of your life did you change the most? 1996.
60. What have you most envied in a sibling? Completing their Bachelor's in less than three years.
61. Who had the most enviable parents among your friends? *shrugs* Can't pick one offhand... Mom Trowbridge makes the best baklava, Mom East has given me the best advice, and Dad Skalla taught me more about power tools in a weekend than I learned in a semester of shop class.
62. What's the wildest thing you've ever done in public? Can't think of anything offhand.
63. What invention of this century has had the biggest impact on your life? Spray adhesive.
64. What is the longest amount of time you could spend on a desert island with your spouse before needing the company of others? Indefinitely. I can sleep for obscene lengths of time when given the opportunity.
65. What is the least amount of money you would accept to never have sex again? As in sex with another person? *shrugs* Make an offer. Sex with myself? No amount of money is worth it.
66. Who is the person you are most candid with? Andy, my D'Evelyn gamers, denmarkadonis.
67. Who taught you the most about good sex? My lovely Mistress.
68. What one thing would you most like to teach the opposite gender? If you miss when you piss, clean it up.
69. Who is the easiest person to be with that you know? My best friend.
70. What was the largest debt you ever ran up? Student loans for Mary Baldwin, still paying them off.
71. Who was the worst creep you ever dated? Sean "Logan" Thomas.
72. Whose smile can most easily persuade or seduce you? Persuade, Andy. Seduce, Himself.
73. What is the hardest thing about love? Letting go of old habits.
74. With whom is your willpower weakest? My best friend, but he also knows enough not to take advantage of it.
75. What would be the best way to get rid of a dead body? Cremation.
76. What is the strongest profanity you use? Around Laurel, blast and confound. When not in mixed company, I'll curse like a sailor when and if I feel like it.
77. Who has the weakest set of values among your friends? Will, not that I'd call him a friend right now.
78. When do you most need attention from your lover? I don't know.
79. What is the most spontaneous you have ever been? No idea.
80. What topic do you feel least comfortable discussing with your bf/gf or spouse? My insecurities.
81. What is the best thing you've ever put in your mouth first thing in the morning? Freshly-made French toast. Mmm, French bread and heavy cream... wish I could make it half as well as Himself's.
82. What problem do you think is most common among friends your age? Fear of being happy.
83. What is the best position for sex? Any one I like.
84. What is the nicest imperfection in your mate? His ticklish spots.
85. What would you find hardest about being in prison? Lack of 'Net connection and Laurel.
86. What do you want most right now? To spend some family time with Himself.
87. What is the least you've ever worn in public? A bathing suit.
88. What is the best way for you to relieve tension? Sleep.
89. What one part of your own body comes closest to your ideal? Eyes. Feet. Hands. And sometimes my silhouette in a dress. (:
90. When did you look most beautiful? When I'm not thinking about it.
91. What is the most extreme thing you would do to your own appearance to make yourself better looking? Have some moles removed.
92. What was the moment in your life when you felt most in love? When Laurel was born.
93. What would make you go insane the fastest? Lack of communication.
94. What is the strongest part of your relationship with your bf/gf or spouse? Our commitment to making things work.
95. Where is your mind? With a certain someone's in North Carolina. Sometimes on my needlework.